This year to enhance the viewing experience for spectators and increase exhibition viewings, it was agreed to develop the Air Show for 2022. After public consultation and expert advice, we are relocating the venue to the coastal lands between Portrush and Portstewart. The Coastal lands will host Ground attractions and spectators. The ground layout is geographically more extensive than the previous Airwaves event in Portrush, with multiple viewing points along the three mile stretch of the Borough’s coastline. This enhanced layout presents an opportunity for a larger ground footprint closer to the aircraft flight-line. Programme to include:
- Big impact Aircraft, Civilian Aircraft, RAF and Naval assets.
- Static displays from the armed forces and Ulster Aviation Society.
- Enhanced STEM component to motivate our young people, developing unique partnerships with NI Science Festival, Ulster Museum Outreach and Aviation Space Tourism.
- Input from the Irish Airforce celebrating 100 years; living history exhibitions; local artisans.
- Family fun zones; amusements.
- Live music performances, street entertainment and circus skills workshops.
- For those culturally curious who love to sample local produce and crafts the popular Naturally North Coast and Glens Artisan Market will also be featuring in the 2022 line-up.